Labels

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Poppy

I have been working for many months on my newest quilt, Poppy's Rainbow.  It is inspired by my dad who passed away in 2001 from prostate cancer. We lived in Lenoir, North Carolina from 1987 to 1997.  Both of my kids were born there.  My parents moved out from San Diego, California.  The kids loved growing up around their grandparents. Being Southern, they called my dad Poppy and my mom Mema.


Poppy in North Carolina with Sara, age 2 and Matthew, age 6.

There are so many stories about Poppy that I will tell you later that inspired Poppy's Rainbow. For the past two months, I have been quilting this on my Al longarm machine. I couldn't be happier with the machine or the results.







Using the A1 longarm quilting machine





Quilting Poppy's Rainbow

Have you been inspired by someone you love?


Mark

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your dad. I can't wait to see it when you are finished. I just finished a T-shirt quilt I called "Tribute to a Hometown Hero". There is a long story that goes with it and I stitch it with so much love for the guardian of a 21 year old Marine who lost his life in Afghanistan. His story is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment. I read your tribute to your Hometown Hero and saw your wonderful quilt! Quite a story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can pay tribute to those you love through your beautiful quilts. It is such a special gift you hold and give!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine for technical genius, your loving support and for being the best artistic sounding board in the world!

      Delete