Labels

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Packed Bags




My bags are packed. My newest quilt, Poppy’s Rainbow, is folded and ready to go. The quilt stand has been shipped to Cedar City, Utah.  The presentation is almost done for my lecture at the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery in Cedar City, Utah on Saturday, November 3. Thanks again to Deborah K. Snider, Assistant professor of Art Education at SUU who has curated this new exhibit called “Everything in Between: Art Quilts, Fabric Collage and Embroidery.” My butterfly quilt (Wings and Feathers) is in the exhibit.

 I leave for Houston and the IQA show on October 31. I am looking forward to seeing many friends, wonderful booths, beautiful fabrics and award winning quilts.  Bubba Quilt will be out in full force!!

Leaving for Houston and Utah!



Two more days to mow the grass, trim the bushes, weed the garden, finish the laundry, clean the house, buy groceries for my son who will be staying at home watching the dog and house, clean and chlorinate the pool, etc. etc. etc. I can never enjoy myself on a trip if I haven’t left the house, yard and gardens spotless. 


Hurricane Sandy has spared South Florida and my thoughts and prayers are now with all you folks in the Northeast.  Having lived through the late October surprise of Hurricane Wilma in 2005 that came in from the Gulf of Mexico, moved east across the Everglades and hit us hard, I know how these big storms can change things. We lost trees, roofs and electricity but in a funny way, it pulled us all together here in South Florida and taught us all that life goes on and the human spirit always triumphs. 

Mark and Matthew cleaning up after Hurricane Wilma, 2005


 A huge thanks to the lovely quilters of the Palm Beach County Quilter’s Guild. We had our basket class yesterday and they all made beautiful fabric baskets using my Remarkable 100 percent solid core cotton ropeAs always, you were gracious, big fun and great students.

See you in Houston!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment